If you have been looking for some quick and easy ideas for birthday card messages, then read on. This article will help you with ideas for what to write in a birthday card. There’s nothing worse than looking at a blank birthday card and having writer’s block.
You might be in a hurry, you might not know what to say, or you just can’t find the right words. Whatever the case may be, these are some of the best birthday card messages for you to write to the significant people in your life.
You’ll find some inspirational birthday wishes, funny birthday wishes and getting older birthday wishes. You’ll find lots of ideas to wish someone a wonderful birthday.
Birthday Card Messages
If you are stuck as to what to write in a blank birthday card don’t despair. We’ve got heaps of examples for all the important people in your life.
We also include some examples of cards from our own family and friends to get you started! Remember, these are just ideas, so if the message doesn’t feel right then there’s no rule saying it has to be included!
You might not be able to wish your friend or family member a happy birthday in person, but that doesn’t mean you can’t send them a message. You can do this through a text message, email, or even on their Facebook wall – the choice is yours.
Sometimes a simple Happy Birthday is enough and other times you will want an extra special message.
You can make your birthday message as unique as you like. It should also reflect who you are and what the two of you share together as friends / family. Use the examples below as a guide or write them word for word. It’s up to you.
What to Write in a Birthday Card
Use your creativity to write a message that will be personal to the person you’re writing. It should reflect what makes your relationship with them unique. You don’t have to mention every little thing, but try to mention something cool and different that people will find interesting when they read your birthday card message.
Some quick tips for you for when you are writing in a birthday card.
- Make sure you use and correctly spell the person’s name
- Don’t rush it. Have a think about what you’d like to write.
- Write a quick first draft on a piece of scrap paper. That way you won’t have to cross anything out if you make a mistake on the birthday card.
- Add a personal touch by mentioning something that connects you to the person or something significant that is happening in their life.
- Less is more. A card is not the place to write a letter or an essay.
Another important tip is to use an appropriate closing salutation. This will depend on your relationship with the card recipient. For example:
- Love from
- Best wishes
- With warm wishes
- All the best
- Thinking of you
- Take care
- Have a good one
- Good vibes
Birthday Card Greetings
- I wish you happy birthday! May your day be wonderful.
- Have a very happy birthday! Wishing you a great year ahead.
- Happy Birthday! Here’s to many more.
- Wishing you all the happiness on your birthday, now and always.
- Happy Birthday! I really wish you all the best for this next year of your life.
- This birthday is your day! Enjoy!
- Today, I wish you all the good things in life!
- Wishing you all the happiness in the world on your birthday.
- I’m wishing you all the best on your birthday and hope that it is a fantastic day!
- Happy Birthday! May all of your birthday wishes come true.
- May your birthday be bright and filled with joy.
- May your birthday be filled with love and laughter.
- Sending you Happy Birthday wishes across the miles. Miss you on your birthday.
- Out of all the people born today, you’re my favorite.
- Birthdays hold the promise of a new beginning. May this be the start of a wonderful year for you.
Keep scrolling for more birthday card greetings!
Birthday Card Sayings
- Happy Birthday!
I wish you every endeavor that will make your day prosperous, your year successful, and your life as fulfilling as possible.
- May your birthday bring you many more wonderful memories.
- Birthday wishes to you on your special day.
- Wishing you a Happy Birthday, with many more to follow.
- I pray that this birthday finds you full of joy and all of your wishes coming true.
- I know you’ll have a great birthday, forever twenty-something!
- May your birthday be special like you.
- I hope that your birthday brings all of the luck and happiness this life can offer.
- May this year bring you closer to all you wish to achieve. All the very best.
Keep scrolling for more birthday card messages!
- I am here for you always. Happy Birthday, my friend!
- Your smile is contagious, and we love you! Happy birthday my friend.
- I hope this day finds you in good spirits with nothing but smiles and warm hugs.
- I hope your birthday is super special, filled with love and happiness.
- I hope your birthday is as special as you are.
- May your birthday be as beautiful as you are.
- Happy Birthday! I know you will have a great day because you’re an amazing person who deserves all the success and happiness this life can offer.
Keep scrolling for more greetings for birthday cards!
Funny things to write in a birthday card
- Another year older. Lord have mercy!
- Another year another candle.
- You know you are old when the candles cost more than the cake.
- The fire brigade have been alerted that it’s time to light your birthday candles.
- It’s your birthday. Hope you get lucky!
- Like fine wine and mature cheese. Some things get better as they get older.
- Older and wiser?
- You’re aged to perfection.
- You are getting old. But I still like you.
- You will always be older than me. So happy birthday!
- It’s better to be over the hill, than to be under it.
- Happy Birthday from your much younger friend.
- Wait!!! You’re how old?
- This will be the youngest you’ll ever be. Make the most of it.
- You are only young once, but immaturity is immortal.
- Birthdays are good for your health. The more you have, the longer you live.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the birthday card messages and have found the perfect message to write as a birthday greeting.
Check out our Happy Birthday Wishes for Friend article for lots more great ideas of what to write for friends’ birthdays.
If you’re looking for some free printable birthday cards to write in then check out these awesome cards below.
Thanks for reading!