If you are looking for the best thing to say for birthday wishes for coworker, then you’re in the right place. It can be hard to find the right words to either write on a birthday card or in a social media post for someone that you work with.
You’ll find lots of ideas below to say or write that are a little more than just ‘Happy Birthday’.
Coworkers and colleagues are people we see around in the office on a daily basis and often become friends with. Whether you are friends or not, it’s great to be courteous to the people you work with and send them a birthday message, email or card. Especially if they are your boss!
This post will give ideas of what to write in a coworkers birthday card, whether you are a boss or employee or colleague.
Birthday Wishes for Coworker
Firstly, the basics – it’s important to use their name in the message. Don’t just write Happy Birthday without adding their name to the card or message.
If you like working with your coworker, it’s nice to include gratitude as well. It shows that you care for them and are thankful for them being on your team or at your job.
Send them good vibes! It’s always nice to include a little saying like that at the end. It shows good will and that you mean it. A little goes a long way here, so try not to overdo it too much. Remember that you don’t need to be cheesy or over-the-top with this one type of card or message.
Birthday Wishes for Colleague
The most important part of any birthday wishes for coworker is the sincerity with which it is written. You need to demonstrate that you really mean what you say and that it was done with no ulterior motives. You’re being genuine about the wishes and not saying it so that they write that overdue report for you.
The best way to wish your coworker a happy birthday is by sending a card. A handwritten thank you note or gift will make your friend feel special and appreciated.
You can find some awesome free birthday cards below that you can print and write in for your coworker. Best of all they are completely free.
Black and White Birthday Cards – you don’t need a color printer for these. Just download, print, fold and write a message inside the card.
Birthday Cards to Color – These cards are great to color in or just leave them black and white.
Also, people often love to have a birthday message on their social media wall if you are friends with them there. The more birthday posts they receive, the more popular they seem, so they will love it.
What to Write in a Coworkers Birthday Card
To make a good impression on your coworker, you need to take a couple of things into consideration. First, you need to learn what kind of person they are. Second, you should show them that you know them as a person and care about them in a friendly way.
- Happy Birthday to my coworker and partner in crime.
- Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one.
- Happy birthday to the coolest coworker I know. I hope you have a great birthday and enjoy your special day.
- Happy birthday, I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your special day.
- I don’t think I could have asked for a better coworker. You are always there to help me when I need it the most. Thank you for everything and happy birthday.
Sarcastic Birthday Wishes for Coworker
When writing birthday wishes for coworker, it’s usually not the best time to include in your message some advice or recommendations on how they can improve their career or personal life. However, if you wanted to add something funny or sarcastic to the message, there are some ideas below.
- Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. I’m sorry that you don’t have the day off, but surely celebrating with us is the next best thing.
- Happy Birthday to the best coworker. Hope you enjoy the office vibes. (Especially good if they don’t have the day off on their birthday).
- Happy Birthday. Have the day off. I’ll cover for you like I always do anyway! haha.
- Does a birthday even count if you’re in the office?
- May all your birthday wishes come true. But even if they do, you better not leave!
- Free coffee for your birthday! I hope you like instant? See you in the break room.
- I hope that your birthday is filled with extra strong coffee and laughter and not too much paperwork.
Happy Birthday to a Coworker
Here are some more happy birthday to a coworker messages to write on a card or social media.
- To my favorite coworker. I hope that your birthday is filled with fun and excitement (outside of the office). Thanks for being so great to work with.
- Thank God we are coworkers. You are fun to be around in this crazy office. I appreciate you. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday! You are an awesome coworker and also a great friend.
- I’m glad we work together. Happy Birthday!
- You are a unique and irreplaceable coworker. Wishing you a great birthday.
- Happy Birthday to a great coworker. I hope it’s your best birthday yet.
Happy Birthday Messages for Your Boss
It can be tricky to think of what to write on a card or birthday message for your boss. The trick is to be sincere and short, but sweet.
- I don’t think I could have asked for a better boss/manager. You are always there to help me when I need it the most. Thank you for everything and happy birthday.
- Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Boss. Take the day off. We’ve got it under control.
- Happy Birthday Boss! All the very best to you.
- Best wishes for your birthday, boss. Cheers to you!
Birthday Wishes for Employees
- Happy Birthday. Have the day off! (Just kidding!)
- Best wishes on your birthday. Thank you for being an exceptional part of the team.
- On behalf of the team, we would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday.
Check out our Happy Birthday wishes for friends article for more birthday greeting ideas. It also includes some awesome FREE personalized birthday images that you can download and add your coworker’s name on to post on social media for your coworker’s birthday.
Birthday Ideas for Coworker
Apart from a nice birthday card or social media message for your coworkers birthday there are some other things to consider.
It’s fun to celebrate a coworker’s birthday. If you work in the same office, you could put some fun birthday decorations on their desk. It’s always a good idea to remember their birthday while you are working with them to show that you care. Or if it was on the weekend….still make sure you mention it so that they know you remembered.
Quick ideas to celebrate a birthday at work. Firstly, send your birthday wishes for coworker in a birthday card (using the message ideas above), via social media or decorate their desk with some fun birthday decorations.
Don’t miss these awesome FREE printable birthday signs that would be perfect to decorate a coworker’s desk with on their birthday.
Bring in a birthday cake or buy one on the way to work. Make sure you don’t forget the candles. You don’t need to buy a gift, but if you do, make sure it is a thoughtful one and appropriate for the office. Gag gifts can also be funny, but make sure you know that you won’t offend the recipient. You don’t need a HR complaint for a prank gone wrong.
Some offices allow for a small party in the lunch room at break time. It’s a fun way to break up the day and who doesn’t love cake?
I hope this article on birthday wishes for coworkers has been helpful. Thanks for reading.
Best Birthday card messages – For lots more birthday message ideas for anyone (not just coworkers).