If you’ve been looking for some big guy Halloween costume ideas, then you’ve come to the right place. It can be tough to find Halloween costumes if you’re a big or tall guy. Most stores don’t carry any in your size, and the adult costume ideas that are available are often low quality and not very flattering.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are heaps of fun plus size costume ideas that are sure to make you look great this Halloween. Read on for some easy Halloween costumes – there’s something for everyone.
Scroll down to view some great mens plus size Halloween costumes.
(This post probably contains affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information. You can find the disclosure policy here.)
Big Guy Halloween Costume Ideas
If you’re a big guy, you might feel like your costume options are limited. But don’t worry—we’ve got you covered! Here are some of the best Halloween costume ideas for big guys / plus size costumes.
A lot of these ideas would also be a great Halloween costume for a tall man. Just check the size guide on each to get the right fit and the right size.
This is not a body-shaming article. Some of our favorite people in the world are big guys. We want to make sure that you can find the best costume to suit your personality to have fun in at a Halloween party or a costume party. You’ll have a better time on Halloween night if you feel and look great. We’ve got costume ideas that are comfortable as well as looking the part in all sizes.
You can also take advantage of free shipping and super quick delivery through Amazon Prime.
Easy Costumes for Big Guys
One of our favorite ideas for a costume for plus size guy or a tall guy is to wear a mask or something you can wear on your head. You’ll always get the right fit and you can easily improvise with plain clothes for the rest of your costume.
See the blue highlighted sections of this article for some awesome and helpful costume ideas that you can wear on your head.
Everyone tells you that you must dress up for Halloween but what if you just want to be yourself?…How about a Sims game version of yourself? All you need to do is to wear your regular clothes and add one of these HUGE Sims life-size lights on your head.
You will be the hit of the party with one of these on your head. These fun headbands can be worn by guys or girls and would be a great choice for a costume for big man. So do yourself a favor and grab one today. Check them out right here.
Image credit: 3D Print It 4 Me
Keep scrolling to see pictures of LOTS of the best Halloween costumes for big men. Click on the images below to see more details of each great costume.
Costumes for Big Guys
There are heaps of great costumes for big guys out there, you just have to know where to look. And we’ve done the hard work for you! So without further ado, here are our top picks for some big guy Halloween costume ideas. We’ve covered all sorts of pop culture including super heros, tv and movie characters, and more.
1. Super heroes
One of the best things about being a big guy is that you can really pull off a superhero costume. You’ve got the build for it, so why not flaunt it? There are plenty of great options to choose from for men’s costumes, whether you want to be Superman, Batman, Spiderman, or anyone else! See our top picks below.
- Batman – You can’t go wrong with the classic Batman costume. It’s perfect for a big guy, and you can find plenty of great options to choose from. Whether you want to go for the traditional look, or something a little more modern, there’s bound to be a Batman costume that’s perfect for you.
- Superman – Superman is another great option for a big guy. He’s got the perfect physique, and you can find some great costumes that will show off your muscles.
- Or an alternative Superman – this one would be great for some laughs. Everyone will want to come over and give you a hug or a poke. It’s a great way to get attention.
- Deadpool – If you’re looking for something a little more unusual, why not try a Deadpool costume? He’s a great option for a big guy, and you can find some striking looking costumes that are sure to turn heads. Just be prepared for people to ask you to say his catchphrases all night!
2. Scary Costumes
If you’re looking for a more scary costume, there are plenty of great options for you. You could dress up as a werewolf, Freddy Krueger, or even a vampire!
- Ghost – this is an easy DIY costume. Grab a white bedsheet and cut some eye holes out – thow it over whatever you are wearing and costume is done. Or if you want to go all out then dress up as a Victorian ghost (see below).
- Mummy – This is a great choice for a big guy. Super stretchy and fun. Just add some white face paint for the whole look and you’re good to go.
- Skeleton Dark King – This is a great scary costume that is perfect for a big guy. You’ll look just like the Skeleton King from the Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Skeleton – This is a classic Halloween costume. Get ready for the big-boned jokes.
- Zombie – This is a great choice for a big guy. You can find some great zombie costumes that will make you look the part. Love this Oktoberfest zombie costume below. Grab some beer as an added bonus prop and you are ready!
- Scary Clown – A scary clown or an evil clown is a classic Halloween costume. Everyone is a little scared of clowns, so this is a great choice if you want to freak people out. This could work as a Terrifier 2 clown costume.
Mens Big and Tall Halloween Costumes
Why not try one of these awesome Halloween neon glow masks? You can wear anything with them and they will look the part. Throw on a black t-shirt and pants or a blood-stained white shirt and you’ll be ready to go. You’ll look amazing as the lights go down. Find them right here.
Image Credit: I Am Trippy Lights
If you’re more of a bad guy, that’s no problem either! There are plenty of great villainous costumes for big guys. There are lots of easy costumes here that will look great. You could be the Joker, Darth Vader, Frankenstein, Pennywise or anything else that takes your fancy.
- Frankenstein -this would be a great Halloween costume for tall man or a big man. You will definitely make an impact with this outfit.
- Dr Evil – Dr Evil is another great villainous option. You can find some great costumes that will make you look just like him. If you have too much hair for this costume: as the finishing touch, you could grab a bald wig or shave your head for the occasion. Just make sure you’ve got your evil laugh down pat!
- Grim Reaper – The Grim Reaper is a great choice for a big guy. You can find some really impressive costumes that will make you look just like the real thing. Just make sure you don’t scare people too much!
Big Guy Costumes
Everyone loves funny Halloween costumes and the attention they get. Read on for some more awesomely funny ideas for Halloween costumes for big guys!
4. Funny Costumes
If you’re looking for something a bit more light-hearted, there are plenty of funny costumes that would suit a big guy perfectly. You could dress up as a sumo wrestler, the Michelin Man, or even a giant baby!
- Dopey from Snow White – Dopey from Snow White is a great choice for a big guy. Everyone will love this big guy costume below.
- Nacho Libre – is a great choice for a big guy. You will be the hit of the party in this outfit. Just make sure you don’t eat all the chips before the party!
- Marshmallow Man – is a great choice for a big guy. You can find some great costumes like the one below that will make you look just like him.
- Giant Baby – If you’re looking for something really unusual, why not try a giant baby costume? It doesn’t matter how big or tall you are for this outfit. It would easily work on any body type…but the bigger guy the better for more laughs!
5. Historical Figures
For something a bit more serious, you could always dress up as a historical figure. If you’re a big guy with a beard, why not try dressing up as Abraham Lincoln? Or if you’ve got the muscles for it, you could always go as Hercules.
- Caesar – If you’re looking for a costume that will really make an impact, why not try dressing up as Caesar? Just make sure you don’t get too carried away with the toga party!
- Poseidon – Poseidon is another great choice for a big guy. Poseidon was the greek god of sea, storms and horses. Don’t hang out near the pool in case someone wants to get you wet to test your powers.
Halloween Costumes for Big Men
Read on for some more big and tall Halloween costumes for men. See some awesome tv and movie characters that you could dress up as. There are heaps of awesome plus size men’s Halloween costume ideas below.
6. TV Characters
TV shows can be a great inspiration for a fun Halloween costume. You could dress up as the main character from your favorite tv show. You could dress up as the Hulk, Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation, or Walter White from Breaking Bad.
- Fred Flintstone – is a great choice for a big guy. This awesome costume below looks just like him. Extra points if you can get your best mate to go as Barney.
- Squid Game (goes up to 3XL – so a great option for big guys). With the popularity of this show, everyone will know who you are. This is an amazing Squid game costume that is sure to get some attention. It’s also a great option if you’re looking for something a bit more unusual.
- Homer Simpson needs no further introduction. A super fun outfit.
7. Movie Costumes
If you’re a big movie fan, there are plenty of great costume options for you. You could dress up as the Terminator, Godzilla, or even King Kong! Or if you are looking for a group costume Ghostbusters is sure to be a winner.
- Star Wars – If you’re a big Star Wars fan, there are plenty of great costume options for you. You could dress up as Darth Vader, Boba Fett, or even Jabba the Hutt! But our favorite costume for big guys is pictured below. BB-8! And it’s easy to take off during the party if you’ve had enough.
- Ghostbusters (This would be great as a group costume) – If you have more than 4 people in your group get some to dress up as ghosts as well.
- Captain Jack Sparrow – Jack Sparrow is everyone’s favorite pirate. You can find some great pirate costume ideas that will make you look just like him – like the AWESOME costume below. Grab the outfit and start practicing your accent. Just make sure you don’t get too drunk during the party.
- Mad Hatter – This is a great choice for a big guy. You can find some great costumes that will make you look just like him similar to the one below. Put on some Mad Hatter makeup and don’t forget to grab yourself a teacup set for another prop for this great Mad Hatter costume.
- Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park – This is a great costume for a big guy. You can find some great costumes that will make you look just like him. Just make sure you don’t get too close to the dinosaurs!
- Harry Potter – You can’t go wrong with a Harry Potter costume. You can find some great costumes that will make you look just like him or some of the other characters.
You have to see this AWESOME glow in the dark neon Cheshire Cat scary mask. Grab this mask, throw on a black shirt with black pants and you’re ready to go! Easiest costume ever that will guarantee compliments all night. Check it out right here.
Image Credit: I Am Trippy Lights
- Yellow Brick Road – This outfit will be a great talking point during the party. No one will get lost if they follow you during the party. Also would be great in a group costume with other Wizard of Oz characters.
8. Animal Costumes
There are also plenty of great animal costumes that would be perfect for a big guy. You could dress up as a gorilla, an elephant, or even a giraffe!
- Bee – this is a fun outfit with lots of room in it. You’ll get lots of attention with this on. Don’t forget to take some honey as a prop.
- Lion – this is a fantastic all in one outfit. You’ll look great and be comfortable in this onesie at the party. Practice your roar and you’ll be ready to go.
- Monkey – this is a super fun outfit that will get you plenty of laughs. Just make sure you don’t climb any trees! Bonus points if you have lots of bananas as props.
- Elephant – This is a hilarious costume and everyone will love it. Get ready for lots of questions and comments about your trunk though.
These are just a few of the great costume ideas for big guys. Be creative and have fun! Read on for some more great options. You could dress up as a sumo wrestler, a prisoner, or even Santa Claus!
- Hazmat suit -this is a great choice if you want to be unique. You’ll definitely stand out in a crowd with this one. This could also be a great outfit for a Breaking Bad character like Walter White or Jesse Pinkman.
- Prisoner – a classic outfit that will get you lots of attention and a great choice if you want to be comfortable. Just add handcuffs and a few contraband items, and you’re good to go.
- Cowboy – Who doesn’t love a great cowboy outfit? Just add your favorite cowboy boots and cowboy hat, and you’re all set!
- Big Foot – If you’re looking for something a bit more unusual, why not try a Bigfoot costume? You can find some great costumes that will make you look just like the real thing. Just make sure you don’t step on any toes!
- Hippie – This is a great choice if you want to be comfortable. Just add some peace signs and flowers, and you’re all set!
- Mario from the Mario Bros video games – A great plus size fun costume for retro gamers. This one even includes the mo!
Don’t miss our other fun costume articles:
We hope you have enjoyed this big man costumes guide. See the full list below.
Don’t miss our free Halloween costume awards printable – free award certificates to give out for best Halloween costume.
Mens Plus Size Halloween Costumes
- The Sims
- Inflatable Superman
- Victorian Ghost
- Skeleton Dark King
- Scary Clown
- Dr Evil
- Grim Reaper
- Nacho Libre
- Marshmallow Man
- Giant Baby
- Fred Flintstone
- Squid Game
- Homer Simpson
- BB-8 from Star Wars
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Mad Hatter
- Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park
- Harry Potter
- Cheshire Cat
- Yellow Brick Road
- Big Foot
- Super Mario
With so many great options, it’s easy to find the perfect Halloween costume for any big guy! Whether you’re looking to be scary, funny, or heroic, there’s a costume on this list that’s sure to fit your personality. So get out there and have a spooktacular time!